Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sore Thumb

Friday, March 2, 2012

My first blog. I'm not exactly sure what to write. Do I need to be witty? Thought-provoking? Laugh out loud funny? Boring? I don't really care. I'm not really good at writing so you might get a little bit of everything.

So this is a blog about my time in Peru. My first experience: I stick out. Not only with my physical appearance (tall/lanky, ginger, extremely pale) but with my ability to speak the language. Wait, but Michael, aren't you a Spanish major and haven't you taken like a million classes in Spanish?

Yeah. I have.

If only I could converse or at least understand the Peruvians here I would feel a little more included in the culture. Or just feel like less of a tourist. Until I'm comfortable with the language I'll feel like a sore thumb. Time and effort is key though. Tiempo y esfuerzo. I'll keep that in mind. God-willing I'll eventually learn.

Hasta entonces, escribiré sobre mis experiencias acerca del idioma y otras cosas.

Que te vayas bien. Over and out.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment