Yesterday was Treat Yo-self Day, and like the name describes, we treated ourselves to a day filled with awesomeness. Or at least we tried, it was actually a pretty normal day when I think about it. First we went to Chef's Café, where we sat in the back corner, sipped cappuccinos, and discussed deep topics that each of us had to come up with. The following topics were on the list: Bears (that one was a joke), personality tests - are they accurate?, the economic status of Greece (that conversation didn't last long, we had no idea what we were talking about), our future careers, and finally, my topic - God. So, after discussing every topic, there was still one left that they kept
avoiding - mine. You'd think that a coffee shop would be a great place to have a conversation about your beliefs. I guess it wasn't. So we left there and went to La Lucha for dinner. Mmmm. But I still had my last topic on my mind. I wanted to discuss God. Why? I dunno, CUZ HE'S GOD! duh.
So after La Lucha we walked to a Brazilian Restaurant/Bar called La Media Naranja and after one fish bowl...the conversation surfaced. It was awesome to hear their views about God! The majority are either atheist or agnostic, and for them God (or the lack of God) isn't a huge part of their lives, but boy they had some great questions. When it came my turn to share my beliefs the questions came flooding in - for three hours. Three hours! It was great. Why is Christ the only way to heaven? What about homosexuality? Why is the Bible valid? The questions were endless. Some I could answer, some I couldn't, and I let them know that I don't have all the answers. But despite getting side-tracked with some complex theological questions, the main point I kept trying to stress was that we are all sinful and we all need a Savior. I hope they at least went away knowing that. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18. Yeah my roommates think I'm wrong and they probably don't like my beliefs, but I know they still respect me. And when it comes down to it, I'd rather be respected than liked.
To top off the night - a nice stroll through Parque Kennedy and listening to a mariachi band. I love Lima!
Happy Easter! Feliz Pascua!
Que te vayas bien. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment